From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-doc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-doc] New documentation policy
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:12:38
1 On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 06:58:15AM -0400, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > Why that license instead of the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
3 > license?
4
5 Why would we make our documents available only for non-commercial purposes?
6 Is Gentoo willing on taking a lawyer when a company uses our documents for
7 commercial purposes?
8
9 As long as Attribution and ShareAlike are available, the company can't close
10 the document, meaning more input for the GDP :)
11
12 Tx for the input concerning document ownership... I guess I'll contact all
13 the authors then :)
14
15 Wkr,
16 Sven Vermeulen