From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.16 moving to ~arch
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:45:19
1 On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I think part of Mike's point is that time and time again has proven
5 >> that the way to a mans heart^H^H^H^H to get things fixed is to break
6 >> them. The aforementioned example of a tracker open for months with no
7 >> progress is an example of halted progress. If we waited to fix all
8 >> known issues prior to launch, then we would never launch. This is very
9 >> common in software development. Some features are v2 features, some
10 >> bugs are not worth fixing. Some bugs we will fix with a patch
11 >> post-launch; I don't see how this is any different.
14 > I agree with your point. I'm fine with setting deadlines and such,
15 > but my main concern is that the first deadline shouldn't be two days
16 > after it is announced.
17
18 The tracker has been open since July 4th.
21 > If the announcement were that we have a tracker and some languishing
22 > bugs, and we'd like to push to get them closed in two weeks I'd feel
23 > differently.
24
25 I can't really say Mike is the shining example of how we should
26 communicate; but then again, neither am I :)
27
28 -A
31 > Rich