From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.16 moving to ~arch
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:56:10
1 On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I agree with your point. I'm fine with setting deadlines and such,
4 >> but my main concern is that the first deadline shouldn't be two days
5 >> after it is announced.
6 >
7 > The tracker has been open since July 4th.
10 Yes, and it does not contain any deadlines at all (not even the one
11 announced on the mailing list).
12
13 There are bugs that have been open for years. If suddenly making some
14 change breaks end-user systems the fact that a bug has been open for
15 years isn't really justification.
16
17 The first mention of "you must do this by this date" was on Friday,
18 with the deadline being today.
19
20 I'm fine with trying to push things through within reason (otherwise
21 nothing gets done). However, the key part is "within reason." If
22 that bug had a deadline announced two weeks ago I'd be less concerned.
23
24 Rich