From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Unified nVidia Driver Ebuild ready for testing
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:53:54
1 Peter wrote:
2 > Also, I find it absolutely fascinating that the only people against this
3 > concept are devs, and the only people for it are users.
4
5 Please see Message-ID: <43AD1205.1050403@××××××××××.net> (for those
6 using MUAs that suck, it's "Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 03:16:53 -0600",
7 "From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>" in this thread).
8
9 > If you are against meta ebuilds, what is your opinion on KDE? Instead on 9
10 > (or so) packages, there are now over 250! Are 250 separate ebuilds better?
11 > I cannot think of another distro that slices up KDE that way. Meta
12 > ebuilds at least allow the user the ability to opt out of trying to
13 > decide which ebuilds to emerge!
14
15 You seem to be confused by split ebuilds and meta ebuilds.
16
17 Cheers,
18 -jkt
21 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth