From: Scott Lampert <scott@×××××××.org>
To: Hannes Mehnert <hannes@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] splitted ebuilds for vim and gvim
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:43:25
1 On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 08:03:59PM +0200, Hannes Mehnert wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I accidently commited the wrong gvim ebuild, it is corrected now.
5 >
6 > On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 08:41:46AM -0700, Scott Lampert wrote:
7 > > emerge gvim now seems to require gnome-libs despite any USE settings to
8 > > the contrary. Why exactly does gvim require gnome libs? It should only
9 > > require gtk. In any event it compiles and runs fine if I take gnome out
10 > > of the dependencies. It would be nice to be able to avoid the bloat of
11 > > these desktop environments, especially when they're completely
12 > > unnecessary for a package. I seem to run into this issue more and more
13 > > lately.
16 Great! Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh (on rereading what I wrote it
17 sounded like I was angry). My favorite part of Gentoo is its ability to
18 keep the system lean and clean with the whole portage system (like
19 FreeBSD's ports tree) I start to get frustrated when it becomes
20 difficult to manage this and you start needing to edit the ebuilds by
21 hand!
22 -Scott
25 Scott Lampert
26 <scott@×××××××.org>
27 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
28 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
29 -Benjamin Franklin, 1759
30
31 Public Key: http://www.lampert.org/public_key.asc