From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: cokehabit@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:36:31
1 On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:16:45 +0100
2 George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
5 > > Matthias Langer wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> no offense, but this is one of the worst proposals i've ever read
8 > >> on this list; why? because, one of gentoo's major problems is that
9 > >> it is becoming more and more a toy exclusively for its own
10 > >> developers.
11 > >
12 > > Gentoo's always been exclusively for the developers. Nobody's
13 > > paying us to do this. It just so happens that the things we want to
14 > > do also benefit other people, and so they use them.
17 > That is possibly the most pathetic, misjudged and harmful (to Gentoo)
18 > post I have ever read. You should be ashamed.
19
20 Well, I'm not. I have no idea what you read, but it doesn't appear to
21 be what I wrote.
22
23 > Just because developers develop because they want to doesn't mean
24 > they dont want to be part of a community, if that wasn't the case
25 > then none of the current developers would have originally been part
26 > of the userbase to begin with.
27
28 What relevance does this have to anything I said? I wasn't addressing
29 anything about being part of communities; I was addressing the
30 motivation of volunteers contributing to Gentoo.
31
32 Thanks,
33 Donnie