From: Christopher Burgess <chris@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo developer list <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage question
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:56:37
1 How do I emerge a package, but before it's built apply my own patches to the
2 source?
3 e.g. use emerge to download the source, unpack it etc - stop it here, do my
4 own mods to the source - then let emerge build and install it.
5
6 The main reason is that I am having some problems with xfree4.1.0 locking up
7 on with my radeon card (on startx it just locks up and sends the monitor
8 into power save mode) unless I use the "noaccel" option which is horribly
9 slow and I don't get DRI with that. I have searched the xfree mailing lists
10 and found a small hand patch which might fix it, but rather than downloading
11 it manually (the xfree source) I'd rather use emerge. However to be able to
12 do this on other packages (modifying the source before emerge builds) would
13 be useful.
14 Also is there anyone else having a Radeon problem with xfree?
15
16 Thanks
17
18 Chris