From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 - Let's get it started
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:56:03
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:02:48 +0200
3 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> Had you bothered to write even trivial test suites for EAPI 1,
5 >>> you'd've found at least one major bug straight away.
6 >> http://www.pkgcore.org/trac/pkgcore/newticket
7 >
8 > http://www.pkgcore.org/trac/pkgcore/ticket/197
11 Uh - what is the goal on this list - to make Gentoo a better
12 distribution or to point out that the package manager that I maintain is
13 better than the package manager that you maintain?
14
15 Gentoo is served by having lots of package managers that all work well.
16 If somebody knows of a bug and intentionally doesn't report it,
17 they're being rather selfish. That's like posting "ha, ha - I found a
18 zero-day exploit in apache and if you were as elite as me you'd have
19 found it in your testing!"
20
21 There is an old adage - if you're not part of the solution you're part
22 of the problem.
23
24 And if you don't want to be part of the solution, then why are you
25 wasting your time here? I'm a big fan of PMS/paludis/etc in general,
26 but why waste your time contributing these things to Gentoo if you don't
27 want Gentoo to succeed? If you do want Gentoo to succeed, then why not
28 give others a helping hand when it costs you virtually nothing to do so?
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list