From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of gentoo on Alpha
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 15:17:24
1 Timothy Bissell wrote: [Mon Jan 27 2003, 10:39:05PM EST]
2 > I can't say much about the status, but it is at least working for me. I
3 > have gentoo running an alphaserver 5305 (EV56). Seems to run
4 > beautifully, I'm using a vanilla SMP kernel though, I haven't tried the
5 > gentoo sources yet. I didn't even have much trouble with the Mylex raid
6 > card.
7
8 You should try alpha-sources instead of gentoo-sources.
9
10 > Some of the goodies in portage are masked on the alpha architecture
11 > though. The only thing I've had to unmask so far was openldap, and that
12 > went in nice and easy.
13 >
14 > As a side note, should I simply add a bugzilla entry for builds I find
15 > that work on this machine?
16
17 Yes please. We'll work on unmasking them as we learn about them, and
18 the best way to do that is via bugzilla.
19
20 Aron