From: Timothy Bissell <damaen@××××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Plessl <plessl@×××××××××××.ch>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of gentoo on Alpha
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:45:16
1 I can't say much about the status, but it is at least working for me. I
2 have gentoo running an alphaserver 5305 (EV56). Seems to run
3 beautifully, I'm using a vanilla SMP kernel though, I haven't tried the
4 gentoo sources yet. I didn't even have much trouble with the Mylex raid
5 card.
6
7 Some of the goodies in portage are masked on the alpha architecture
8 though. The only thing I've had to unmask so far was openldap, and that
9 went in nice and easy.
10
11 As a side note, should I simply add a bugzilla entry for builds I find
12 that work on this machine?
13