From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anti-spam changes: proposal to drop spammy mail
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 07:27:24
1 On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 04:26:01AM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > TL;DR: As of May 17, @gentoo.org will drop incoming spammy mail instead of
3 > delivering it. Speak now or hold your peace.
4
5 Believe me I understand your pain. Been there done that. However,
6 dropping mail is never a good idea. You are mucking with the
7 dependebility of the email. I would never be able to trust my gentoo
8 mail if you start dropping spammy mails. There will always be false
9 positives. I suggest:
10
11 - Stop forwarding mail. Have devs pop their mails to whatever account
12 they like. I believe gmail -biggest complainer?- provides this
13 option.
14
15 - If the above option is not OK for whatever reason, at least let us
16 opt-out of the proposed policy of dropping mails provided we do not
17 forward our emails.
20 Eray