From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anti-spam changes: proposal to drop spammy mail
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 09:15:32
1 Hi!
2
3 On Mon, 11 May 2015, Eray Aslan wrote:
4 > On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 04:26:01AM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
5 > > TL;DR: As of May 17, @gentoo.org will drop incoming spammy mail instead of
6 > > delivering it. Speak now or hold your peace.
7 >
8 > Believe me I understand your pain. Been there done that. However,
9 > dropping mail is never a good idea. You are mucking with the
10 > dependebility of the email. I would never be able to trust my gentoo
11 > mail if you start dropping spammy mails. There will always be false
12 > positives. I suggest:
13 >
14 > - Stop forwarding mail. Have devs pop their mails to whatever account
15 > they like. I believe gmail -biggest complainer?- provides this
16 > option.
17
18 Big ol' bag of Nope for me. Using POP/IMAP to get mails from
19 Gentoo servers to where I actually handle mail is a pain in the
20 rear end. I already let procmail on woodpecker drop all Mails
21 with a spam score of >=3. I still get shitloads of spam mail that
22 makes it through. Hence, I'm currently training my own
23 SpamAssassin for that bit.
24
25 That said, I haven't had a false positive from SA in... years?
26 Maybe even a decade.
27
28 > - If the above option is not OK for whatever reason, at least let us
29 > opt-out of the proposed policy of dropping mails provided we do not
30 > forward our emails.
31
32 I'd be fine with that.
33
34 Regards,
35 Tobias
36 --
37 printk (KERN_INFO "NM256: Congratulations. You're not running Eunice.\n");
38 linux-2.6.19/sound/oss/nm256_audio.c