From: Svyatogor <svyatogor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #10 -- Proposal for restructuring the CVS regarding documentation wrt internationalization proposal
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:19:04
1 On 05 Aug 2003 12:50:35 +0100
2 FRLinux <frlinux@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 12:43, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
5 > > The translation team can edit its own index.xml file how it sees fit. Both
6 > > implementations are possible.
7 >
8 > And i think this is the best way to go as it is not obvious and easy to
9 > get a whole website translated and maintained.
10 >
11 Not only that. It is much less useful for the end user. However, in this case we'll have to develop some policy about these pages. Most users will see fr.gentoo.org or ru.gentoo.org as official gentoo homepages and we have to be careful on what we put there. The policy should cover various aspects, such as design (some team might want to change the layout of the page or just change the color scheme), content of the pages, people responsible for maintaining it up-to-date and accurate.
14 Let the Force be with us!
15 Sergey Kuleshov <svyatogor@g.o>
16 Public Key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~sergey/gentoo-gpg