From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>, god@××××××××.in
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-irc/xchat
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 23:15:04
1 Am Sonntag 25 November 2012, 17:26:30 schrieb Mike Gilbert:
2 > On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Lars Wendler wrote:
4 > >> I also planned to release a news through the portage news system as soon
5 > >> as I lastrite xchat so people know how to move over to hexchat. As I
6 > >> never did this before I'd like to have some help concerning this matter.
7 > >> Is there some documentation about portage news?
8 > >
9 > > use profiles/updates/ to move xchat to hexchat ...
10 > > -mike
11 >
12 > I don't think a package move is appropriate since the two packages
13 > install different files. The installed files would not be updated,
14 > just the vdb.
15
16 Indeed. I also think that a pkg-move cannot be done here.
19 Lars Wendler (Polynomial-C)
20 Gentoo package maintainer and bug-wrangler