From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: god@××××××××.in
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-irc/xchat
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:27:15
1 On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Lars Wendler wrote:
3 >> I also planned to release a news through the portage news system as soon as I
4 >> lastrite xchat so people know how to move over to hexchat. As I never did this
5 >> before I'd like to have some help concerning this matter. Is there some
6 >> documentation about portage news?
7 >
8 > use profiles/updates/ to move xchat to hexchat ...
9 > -mike
12 I don't think a package move is appropriate since the two packages
13 install different files. The installed files would not be updated,
14 just the vdb.