From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: god@××××××××.in
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-irc/xchat
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:19:45
1 On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Lars Wendler wrote:
4 >>> I also planned to release a news through the portage news system as soon as I
5 >>> lastrite xchat so people know how to move over to hexchat. As I never did this
6 >>> before I'd like to have some help concerning this matter. Is there some
7 >>> documentation about portage news?
8 >>
9 >> use profiles/updates/ to move xchat to hexchat ...
10 >
11 > I don't think a package move is appropriate since the two packages
12 > install different files. The installed files would not be updated,
13 > just the vdb.
14
15 ... which portage will happily "upgrade" next time you `emerge -u world`
16 -mike