From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] berkdb and gdbm in global USE defaults
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 13:14:23
1 On 27-01-2017 13:08:41 +0100, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > > On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > >> Replying here because I think said email client is the one I recently
4 > >> added REQUIRED_USE constraints for.
5 > >>
6 > >> Reason I added it is because it greatly simplified the ebuild: it's not
7 > >> just bdb and gdbm, but also tokyocabinet, qdbm and lmdb, with as result
8 > >> a lot of if-else-casing which implemented the implicit defaults before.
9 > >> I didn't realise changing this to REQUIRED_USE resulted in a conflict on
10 > >> default profiles, because I (obviously) have a package.use entry for the
11 > >> package.
12 > > I don't see Mike saying you got it wrong here. Reading your email, I
13 > > think you did the right thing.
14 >
15 > Yup
16
17 That blurb was more directed at Mart ;) I think I just explained why I
18 did what I did. The scenario in older ebuilds (without REQUIRED_USE)
19 was basically the scenario that Mart suggested to be perferable over the
20 new REQUIRED_USE scenario.
21
22 I'm not looking for wrong/right. I'm looking for concensus on this
23 topic, then I will likely change the ebuild to match concensus.
24
25 Fabian
29 Fabian Groffen
30 Gentoo on a different level