From: Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Portage: missing pieces
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:05:49
1 Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Sigh. Because it would break your system!
3 >
4 > You really need to research better if you insist on beating a dead
5 > horse over and over again. Kindly read the toolchain.eclass:
6
7 You're misreading me.
8
9 I was merely counter-arguing Kevin, who said that Portage provides
10 plenty of information to the end user about GCC switches being
11 necessary.
12
13 I was not trying to convince anyone to make Portage switch GCC
14 version automatically. That would probably be rather insane.
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list