From: Steven J Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo IRC _is_ better than ML ;)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:28:13
1 Duncan wrote:
2
3 > Wow, joke or not, this is the kind of thing that makes me glad I don't do
4 > IRC.
5 Just to answer this quickly, as I think you're querying my earlier assertion
6 that gentoo IRC is a lot of fun?
7
8 The real point is that on IRC you can just type: /ignore asshat
9 and you never know that person exists unless someone else is talking to him.
10 That makes IRC in general a LOT easier to deal with than the ML.
11
12 WRT paludis trolling, every year or so there's another couple of devs who
13 get drawn into that circle. They usually end up a lot more embittered, and
14 never as friendly as they used to be, ime. I've personally seen three guys
15 I rated, and used to chat with, go through that process. In any
16 event, /ignore makes #gentoo-* IRC bearable for me at worst, and
17 more often it's a lot of fun.
20 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)