From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: baselayout-1.11.12-r2 request for testers
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:22:38
1 On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 02:08 -0700, Duncan wrote:
2 > Hmm.. I /did/ have issues with parallel startup a couple revisions back.
3 > I had disabled that and haven't reenabled it yet. I suppose I should do
4 > that and bug it now, if it still fails. It /was/ working at one point.
5
6 There may still be issues with parallel startup. It doesn't really
7 startup in parallel and it's not much faster, so if any bugs do come up
8 then we'll probably recommend turning it off.
9
10 baselayout-1.12.0-alpha3 will have much improved parallel startup thanks
11 to Paul Pacheco patch (bug #69854) which is essentially a re-write of
12 the code so we're not that interested in fixing parallel startup in
13 baselayout-1.11.x at this time.
16 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
17 Gentoo Linux Developer