From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Improve devaway system
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:35:05
1 On 08/30/2010 05:14 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Hi there
3 >
4 > It seems to me that people paying less and less attention to devaway
5 > system[1]. As you may see yourselves, few of the entries are 2-3 year old. This
6 > either means that these devs are inactive since then or that they came back
7 > and just didn't bother updating their status. Is it possible for infra people
8 > to setup a script to notify the developer ( and CC the retirement alias )
9 > about an old devaway entry?
10
11 I can't speak for infra but seems like it would be useful. Anyone could
12 write a script that infra could put under cron.
13
14 > This will help retirement team to track down
15 > inactive devs with ease.
16
17 Retirement team already has scripts that do good enough job on finding
18 not active people. Jorge can comment on (if he happens to read this) if
19 they have enough man power at hand currently to act on the output.
20
21 > Furthermore having so many devs with away messages (
22 > where only part of the messages reflect the reality ) looks quite bad to
23 > community. I think that a simple script that will search all the devaway
24 > messages and collect those that are >60-90 days is not that difficult to get
25 > implemented. Does anybody have a better approach to deal with this?
28 I think this message should have been sent to gentoo-project.
29
30 Regards,
31 Petteri