From: Dave Nellans <dnellans@×××××××.edu>
To: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2.2 kernels under gentoo
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:51:57
1 kernel /boot/CMKernel root=/dev/hda1 rootfstype=ext2 vga=791
2 gentoo=notmpfs,nodevfs
3
4 is what the grub line looked like in both cases for the drop in or the
5 new system. ram disk support is compiled into the kernel in both cases.
6
7 i googled a bit for similar errors and found some people who claimed
8 that this error and others similar could come from building things like
9 libc under a 2.4 kernel and then trying to use it under a 2.2 kernel.
10 i'm a little skeptical of this though... any thoughts?
11
12 i haven't posted a bug yet because i'd like to make sure its not an
13 error on my part!
14
15 dave
16