From: Alessandro Barbieri <lssndrbarbieri@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Recap: Discontinuing LibreSSL support?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 20:50:07
2 > Installing both openssl and libressl .a files in different directories
3 > seems both useful and straightforward. I don't object to openssl being
4 > favored for /usr/lib here, libressl gets a directory of its own, but
5 > libressl.pc goes into /usr/lib/pkgconfig so that it is found automatically.
6 > Obviously this will only be useful for packages wanting to statically link
7 > with libressl lib{crypto,ssl}
10 There is an ongoing effort to remove static libraries from packages.
11
12 but I think that's far better than removing
13 > libressl.
16 No, it's not better, it's more work for the security team.