From: splite-gentoo@××××××××××××××××.edu
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: strange gentoo shutdown sequence
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 17:53:57
1 On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 12:33:29PM -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 12:25, splite-gentoo@××××××××××××××××.edu wrote:
3 > >
4 > > *shrug* Maybe they kludged init so they wouldn't get support calls asking
5 > > why processes were being killed before the shutdown scripts ran.
6 >
7 > It is patched out. I used to do the same thing with Slackware/LFS boxes
8 > simply because it made for fewer questions from users.
9
10 Couldn't you just have Clippy explain to them how init(8) works?
11
12 > You can always grab the .src.rpm and look at what patches they use
13 > yourself.
14
15 I would have, if I'd actually cared. :)
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list