From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: adding GOPATH to ENV_UNSET in base profile
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 06:13:39
1 On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 04:31:16PM +0200, Rafael Goncalves Martins wrote:
2 > On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 9:06 PM William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > All,
5 > >
6 > > The GOPATH variable has similar issues to GOBIN [1], so I would like to
7 > > add it along side GOBIN to ENV_UNSET in the base profile.
8 > >
9 > > The message link below is only there for reference, but I see ebuilds
10 > > unsetting GOPATH in the tree and this would take care of it across all
11 > > of the tree.
12 > >
13 > > Thoughts?
16 > We need this. Anyone developing go software with GOPATH explicitly set will
17 > hit issues like this when installing a package using go-module.eclass, at
18 > least:
19 >
20 > verifying github.com/mitchellh/go-homedir@v1.1.0: open
21 > /home/rafael/dev/git/go/pkg/mod/cache/download/
22 > github.com/mitchellh/go-homedir/@v/v1.1.0.ziphash: permission denied
23
24 This is done.
25