From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Embedded
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:40:48
1 On Monday 27 October 2003 08:30 pm, Dejan Nikic wrote:
2 > hmm that's too bad. I wish there is some way of acctually chrooting into
3 > a portage-less system, but still be able to compile everything from
4 > scratch using the flags and such. Otherwise I'll have to go LFS way, and
5 > I'd really hate to do that, since I really don't have that much time on my
6 > hands.
7
8 Chiming a little late here (I've had email trouble the last few days), but
9 there is an option to tell portage to install packages to a different root,
10 but I'd watch it carefully, I'm fairly certain there are ebuilds that don't
11 follow the rules.
12
13 --Iggy
14