From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pre-GLEP review: Maintainership structure
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 15:54:03
1 On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 10:38:17 -0500
2 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 11/08/2015 02:41 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >> If everyone likes and wants to keep the name _sub_project, I think
7 > >> _inherit_ is the wrong word to use, since children inherit from parents.
8 > >
9 > > What do you suggest instead?
12 > Can a project be a subproject of more than one superproject? If not, is
13 > it possible to use the structure of the XML to indicate the subness of
14 > the subproject?
15 >
16 > <project>
17 > <name>Bar</name>
18 > <email>bar@g.o</email>
19 >
20 > <!-- child project is a child element -->
21 > <project inherit-members="1">
22 > <name>Foo</name>
23 > <email>foo@g.o</email>
24 > </project>
25 >
26 > </project>
27 >
28 > I know you mentioned the whole one value per key thing, but does anyone
29 > actually want to have multiple inheritance for projects?
30
31 No. This is going to be PITA to parse, and indefinite recursion is just
32 wrong. Like you suddenly have to traverse the whole crazy structure to
33 find a particular project.
36 Best regards,
37 Michał Górny
38 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>