From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pre-GLEP review: Maintainership structure
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 15:38:30
1 On 11/08/2015 02:41 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >>
3 >> If everyone likes and wants to keep the name _sub_project, I think
4 >> _inherit_ is the wrong word to use, since children inherit from parents.
5 >
6 > What do you suggest instead?
9 Can a project be a subproject of more than one superproject? If not, is
10 it possible to use the structure of the XML to indicate the subness of
11 the subproject?
12
13 <project>
14 <name>Bar</name>
15 <email>bar@g.o</email>
16
17 <!-- child project is a child element -->
18 <project inherit-members="1">
19 <name>Foo</name>
20 <email>foo@g.o</email>
21 </project>
22
23 </project>
24
25 I know you mentioned the whole one value per key thing, but does anyone
26 actually want to have multiple inheritance for projects?