From: Gert Dewit <gert@××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel PCMCIA
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:56:20
1 On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 21:20, Chad M. Huneycutt wrote:
2 [snipped a lot of angle brackets]
3 > Gert wrote :
4 > > If you want me to check it out, just say so, I've got some spare time
5 > > while my new gentoo system is building on my laptop.
6 >
7 > By all means, please.
8
9 OK, I've checked it out and it seems to look less complicated than it
10 used to.
11
12 I've checked the SRPMS for the kernel and pcmcia packages from RedHat
13 and they don't use none of the drivers from pcmcia-cs anymore, only
14 the utilities and config files. As they target a quite large audience
15 (including desktops) I suppose most of the cards are supported by kernel
16 modules.
17
18 This means however that pci hotplug needs to be on the install iso
19 (it appears to be in the portage tree).
20
21 Something else that should be looked at will be the /etc/pcmcia/config
22 file because the module names won't be right for all instances.
23
24 If I can be of any further assistance, just YELL.
25
26 Groeten,
27
28 Gert
29 --
30 "UNIX is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its simplicity."
31 -- Dennis Ritchie