From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rsync & /usr/portage/metadata/cache
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:14:58
1 On Saturday 23 August 2003 22:51, Josep Sanjuas wrote:
2 > If /usr/portage/metadata/cache is really a cache, shouldn't it be generated
3 > by the local protage instead of being tranferred in rsyncs? I'm sure I'm
4 > missing something here, because obviusly this dir shouldn't be rsyncd if
5 > not necessary (it contains about 10000 files).
6 >
7 > What's the reason why it can't be generated locally as ebuilds get parsed
8 > by portage.py?
9
10 Good question! I can't answer it, though...
11
12 I just want to add one question. Changes to ebuilds seem to take effect
13 straight away. So, when is /usr/portage/metadata/* used?
14
15 Jason
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list