From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Commitfests
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:28:48
1 On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:17:08 -0700 Donnie Berkholz
2 <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:00:26 -0500 Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
5 | > wrote:
6 | > | I think this is a fun way to build some team spirit.
7 | >
8 | > I think it's a fun way to ruin QA by encouraging people to commit
9 | > broken stuff.
10 |
11 | How exactly does it do that?
12
13 It's offering incentives to get as many commits as possible. The
14 easiest way to get as many commits as possible is to go on a mass
15 keywording or stabling spree. It'd be very easy for someone to do a
16 Manson -- do you really think no-one would? Even if no-one does take it
17 to that extreme, it's offering a reward for people who commit two things
18 rather than doing QA and committing on one thing.
21 Ciaran McCreesh
22 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
23 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
24 as-needed is broken : http://ciaranm.org/show_post.pl?post_id=13