From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Commitfests
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:46:28
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > It's offering incentives to get as many commits as possible. The
5 > easiest way to get as many commits as possible is to go on a mass
6 > keywording or stabling spree. It'd be very easy for someone to do a
7 > Manson -- do you really think no-one would? Even if no-one does take it
8 > to that extreme, it's offering a reward for people who commit two things
9 > rather than doing QA and committing on one thing.
10
11 fixing the mess left by others (given we could commit slightly off stuff
12 in 8 hours) is a pretty equivalent way to raise the commits level.
13
14 Anyway I'd slow down mirror propagation a bit the first times in order
15 to mitigate the issue pointed by Ciaranm.
16
17 lu
21 Luca Barbato
22