From: Luis Francisco Araujo <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Commitfests
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:56:17
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >
4 >> It's offering incentives to get as many commits as possible. The
5 >> easiest way to get as many commits as possible is to go on a mass
6 >> keywording or stabling spree. It'd be very easy for someone to do a
7 >> Manson -- do you really think no-one would? Even if no-one does take it
8 >> to that extreme, it's offering a reward for people who commit two things
9 >> rather than doing QA and committing on one thing.
10 >
11 > fixing the mess left by others (given we could commit slightly off stuff
12 > in 8 hours) is a pretty equivalent way to raise the commits level.
13 >
14 > Anyway I'd slow down mirror propagation a bit the first times in order
15 > to mitigate the issue pointed by Ciaranm.
16 >
17 > lu
20 Though it seemed to me like a fun idea, i also thought the QA of the
21 tree could be in danger when i read it.
26 Luis F. Araujo "araujo at gentoo.org"
27 Gentoo Linux
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list