From: Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making systemd more accessible to "normal" users
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 21:15:19
1 On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 5/1/13 3:04 AM, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
4 >
5 > As far as I read the bug, Mike (vapier) is doing the right thing.
6 > Distros doing lots of custom changes can only add more chaos to the picture.
7
8 We are a distribution, we have our own goals, thus we change the code
9 to better integrate with our ecosystem.
10 That's part of the game. If we don't want to do that, we shouldn't be
11 running a distro in the first place.
14 > Have you reached out to relevant upstreams? If they refuse to make
15 > changes, that's a different story. So far I think it's reasonable to go
16 > to upstreams first.
17
18 For just a symlink swap and some file moves? (re: sysvinit)
19 We don't need to bless upstream first for such small changes.
22 > Paweł
29 Fabio Erculiani