From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: proctors@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 09:27:28
1 Since i tried to get things running for the last week or two, i need
2 to throw in my 2 cents here.
3
4 On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 10:18:17AM +0200, Bryan Østergaard wrote:
5 > On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 01:51:56AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
6 > > some topics off the top of my head:
7 > > - unaddressed CoC issues:
8 > > - add a "mission" statement
9
10 ++, also some other docs stuff.
11
12 > > - fix wording to have a positive spin
13
14 Sounds like a good idea.
15
16 Since i first read about this here on the dev list:
17 Please, if you want to get stuff done, at least cc:
18 proctors@g.o so they have a chance to do so.
19
20 > > - what else ?
21 > We need quite a few more people on the CoC team. One reason being that
22 > we want to be sure to cover more timezzones and different cultures.
23
24 I fully agree. So far two people have been added, who were suggested
25 by me and added after a given timeframe had passed with no complaints.
26 Still, this is not enough yet i think.
27
28 > Other reason being to make sure it's not just an old boys club where
29 > everybody on the team sees things exactly the same way which could
30 > easily undermine any consensus based decisions.
31
32 Which is the reason i didn't bring in more people myself, but am still
33 waiting for others to suggest someone. :-P
34
35 Other than that, i already expected this to be a topic at the next
36 council meeting and there is a list of things that should be done by
37 then.
38
39 cheers,
40 Wernfried
43 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
44 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
45 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org