From: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Creating multiple "installations" on the same host
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:57:19
1 Mike Frysinger said:
2 > what if he wants to crosscompile
3 > -mike
4
5 ENVIRONMENT OPTIONS
6 ROOT = [path]
7 Use ROOT to specify the target root filesystem to be
8 used for merging packages or ebuilds. Defaults to /.
11 for merging the packages..........$ROOT sounds like to me (and I havn't
12 checked) that when an emerge is done, when it 'merges' /..../image with /,
13 it insteads merges it with $ROOT, for example, if $ROOT was /usr, then all
14 the files installed in /etc would to got /usr/etc, all in /usr/bin goto
15 /usr/usr/bin, etc.
16
17 But that is only my guess
18 --