From: Jonathan Hunt <jhuntnz@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS access
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 04:40:45
1 On Sat, 05 Oct 2002 01:50, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 >
3 > Yes, anonymous CVS is not available for us (non-members of the dev team).
4 > Patches need to be sent through bugzilla (bugs.gentoo.org)
5 >
6 > Paul
7
8 Hi,
9
10 I'm new to gentoo. But I was wanting to add some more packages that aren't
11 already in portage. I thought the first thing I should do was get an anoncvs
12 version of the portage tree so that my changes wouldn't be overwritten with
13 rsync. I was following instructions found here:
14 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/portage-manual.html. Does this mean I can't do
15 that? Is the manual outdated in its instructions because it doesn't mention
16 requiring to be a dev member to get anonymous CVS access. Please clarify,
17 Jonathan
20 Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz@×××××××××××××××××.net>
21 Jabber at jhuntnz@××××××.sk
22 "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
23 Jim Elliot