From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 49 - take 2
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 00:08:14
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 22 May 2006 19:10:22 -0400 Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
3 > | Well, let's take the real life example of paludis vs. portage:
4 > | Paludis is controlled by a former developer known for being hard to
5 > | work with, Portage (being a Gentoo project) by necessitity has to be
6 > | controlled by someone other developers can work with (else the
7 > | council can intervene and fix the problem with new management).
8 >
9 > So why has the council not intervened to demand that all those features
10 > that Gentoo developers require be introduced?
13 <example>
14
15 Well I'd gather the same reason the council hasn't denounced infra for
16 not implementing what I want them to implement. The council isn't the
17 tool to force people to do things. You can't wave a wand and make
18 features happen. I can't wave a wand and make infra do my bidding, even
19 if it's merited on a technical level.
20
21 </example>
22
23 -Alec Warner