From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:55:19
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 05:33:17AM +0000 or thereabouts, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 09:09:29PM -0400, Luis F. Araujo wrote:
3 > > What is the problem of giving them @g.o addresses?
4 >
5 > read the first meeting where GLEP 41 was covered ...
6
7 If I'm understanding it correctly, the concern was that by giving folks
8 "real" gentoo.org addresses if they were "only" doing arch testing, there
9 would be no incentive for them to contribute any more than that.
10
11 Two points to make:
12
13 * There are a lot of Gentoo devs right now with full gentoo.org addresses
14 who don't do squat for this project, so exactly what bar are we holding
15 these arch testers to?
16 * Anyone who decides to volunteer more of their time to our project *just*
17 so they can have their own shiny gentoo.org address isn't someone I
18 personally want on this project. If they don't have more motivation for
19 doing it than that, they don't belong here.
20
21 Should staff.gentoo.org ride at the back of the bus? Do we need to set up
22 a separate CVS repository for them so they don't accidentally mix bits with
23 the pure bloods?
24
25 --kurt