From: Ben Kohler <bkohler@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 22:33:04
1 On 07/19/2018 05:00 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 > Please add defaults per-package, only where they make sense. Enabling
4 > flags globally creates a huge headache for people that want them off.
5 >
6 > If I want to undo your new flag, I have to set USE="-udev" globally, and
7 > that clobbers any important per-package defaults that maintainers have set.
10 I was well aware of that when I prepared this proposal, and it's true of
11 every USE flag in any profile's make.defaults. I still believe it's the
12 correct course of action.
13
14 Thanks,
15