From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About adding a *warning* to remind maintainers to check for new PYTHON_COMPAT values
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 04:24:30
1 On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:41:04 +0200
2 Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 07/10/2017 03:35 PM, Kent Fredric wrote:
5 > > On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 13:43:43 +0200
6 > > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> Yes, but it's similar as the cases when we need to fix our packages
9 > >> to work with a newer library they depend on. In this case it would
10 > >> be even easier as we can have multiple python versions and switch
11 > >> to the newer one for testing while going back to the stable one (if
12 > >> preferred) later.
13 > >>
14 > >
15 > > I'm starting to think we need a collection of QA scripts in a repo
16 > > somewhere, optimized for symlinking into /etc/portage/hooks/install/
19 > I might've read things too quickly, we're not talking a repoman check
20 > here?
23 Yes, the warning would be a repoman check for version bumps, etc...
24
25 What he is talking about, is OT, and I want to automate with a buildbot
26 instance that can do automated testing for all python pkgs (to start
27 with) that have tests enabled in the ebuild. I am also planning to
28 help with automatic version bumps for those pkgs as well. If not
29 committed straight to the tree, then emailed as a patch to the
30 maintainers, perhaps in a pending repo/branch, bugzilla... TBD.
33 Oh, and I want to connect as many arch specific workers to it as well.
34
35 That should ease ebuild bumps, PYTHON_COMPAT and keywording
36 maintainence.
37
38 Once in place and operational, it should give the groundwork to add
39 other pkg types, not just python based pkgs.
40 --
41 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>