From: John Mylchreest <johnm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:15:40
1 On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 04:37:52PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:09:01 +0000 John Mylchreest <johnm@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | In this specific instance, impossible is effectively a point of view.
5 > | For me the question comes down to this.. If QA trump maintainer, then
6 > | who picks the QA staff? If anyone can become QA staff, then this is
7 > | questionable in itself. is QA becoming another council with a sole
8 > | purpose? If so I'd like to see an election again. At the end of the
9 > | day the pack have to have faith in the team doing the work, and
10 > | disagreements are obviously contrary to that.
11 >
12 > QA consists of whoever is on the QA project page. To be added, you must
13 > convince the existing QA team that you know what you're doing.
14
15 My point was the more along the lines that the existing QA team need
16 to convince the rest of the development community that they know what
17 they're doing first. Whats stopping the existing QA team disregarding
18 all new applicants because they enjoy having authority? Especially when
19 its mis-placed authority.
22 Role: Gentoo Linux Kernel Lead
23 Gentoo Linux: http://www.gentoo.org
24 Public Key: gpg --recv-keys 9C745515
25 Key fingerprint: A0AF F3C8 D699 A05A EC5C 24F7 95AA 241D 9C74 5515