From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:32:31
1 maillog: 27/02/2005-23:03:07(+0000): Ciaran McCreesh types
2 > It's really quite simple. Thanks to devrel's habit of making nasty
3 > threats to any developer who upsets a user, it's now necessary to post a
4 > message like this indicating that the issue was discussed before
5 > implementation. A sensible post might imply that I find these kinds of
6 > restrictions acceptable, and that I'm happy to sit around and watch the
7 > distribution be ruined by debian-style bureaucracy (anyone else see the
8 > hotbabe mess?).
9
10 maillog: 27/02/2005-18:11:58(-0500): Lina Pezzella types
11 > This thread brings up a very good point. There are little children
12 > using our distribution, and they should not be exposed to dirty words
13 > such as the one being disputed in this thread. There are other packages
14 > that are also questionable too. "BitchX" comes to mind, and "Evolution"
15 > is on the top of my die-package-die list. We certainly wouldn't want
16 > little children asking about that, now would we?
17 >
18 > In light of the above, I suggest that in the interest of being sure not
19 > to offend anyone, we remove the three aforementioned packages and any
20 > others that might be offensive. It's not censorship, it's decency.
21
22 It's time to add a "offendme" FEATURE similar to the "offensive" USE
23 flag. Unsetting the FEATURE should add --exclude '*fuck*' --exclude
24 '*bitch*' --exclude '*evoluion*', etc. to the rsync command line. Boy,
25 I'd love to see that implemented :))
26
27 Also add dev-libs/hashit to the list. The last 4 letters are way too
28 offensive.
29
30 Anyone up for the GLEP?
33 / Georgi Georgiev / I want to read my new poem about pork /
34 \ chutz@×××.net \ brains and outer space ... \
35 / +81(90)6266-1163 / /
36 --
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list