From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:31:43
1 On Thursday 12 June 2008 08:36:18 Markus Ullmann wrote:
2 > After investing more than two hours to just read the Mails that popped
3 > up yesterday regarding this stuff, I'd say we can't really take this
4 > serious. The PMS maintainers were withholding information on
5 > compatibility issues they've seen.
6 > As such we can't be sure this will pop up again in the future and so I
7 > strongly suggest dismissing this as something official for gentoo.
8
9 Ciaran already explained about that, but even if you don't agree with the
10 reasoning, that's no reason to shut down a project that will benefit Gentoo
11 as a whole.
12
13 If you have a problem with the content of PMS, then as I already said, please
14 file bugs or send patches. As the history shows, we are willing to change
15 Paludis and PMS to match Portage behaviour, when we become aware of any
16 discrepancies.
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list