From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] x-modular.eclass: A modified approach to EAPI support
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:23:31
1 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 >>>>>>> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 >>> Any thoughts?
5 >>> + *)
6 >>> + die "Unknown EAPI ${EAPI}"
8 >> Is is safe to assume that an unknown EAPI will provide a "die"
9 >> function?
12 > If we get all Ciaran-ey about that, then we can't even assume the
13 > existence of a case statement in some future version of bash (which is
14 > required by some EAPI)
18 I think in these cases we just have to use common sense. If a function
19 is deprecated or "known to be 'on the way out'" then using them would
20 obviously be a bad idea. On the other hand even if they are used,
21 surely someone would test an ebuild and discover this case pretty quickly.