From: Zach Forrest <zach@××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] alsa 0.9
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:04:39
1 Have you tried using alsamixer? I think amixer is for use with the older
2 versions of alsa.
3
4 zach
5
6 Chuck Haines wrote:
7 > I am having the damndest time with alsa 0.9. I have installed
8 > everything that is suppose to be installed,
9 > alsa-lib,alsa-driver,alsa-utils,alsa-tools. I have edited the config
10 > files like I was told. When i run /etc/init.d/alsasound start and type
11 > lsmod, I can see that all the modules are there and I get no errors.
12 > However, when I try to run amixer as root or as my user, it keeps sef
13 > faulting (amixer that it). I have checked the perms in /dev/snd/ and
14 > /dev/sound and both of the directories have perms crw-rw---- crypto
15 > audio. Crypto is my user (I have no idea why the perms aren't root
16 > audio like I have devfs.conf set up to do). I have tried with both
17 > these settings and crw-rw---- root audio and amixer still seg faults.
18 > My user is part of the audio group.
19 >
20 > anyone have any ideas?
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 >
25 > | Chuck Haines | AIM: CyberGrex |
26 > | WPILA Lab Manager | Yahoo: CyberGrex_27 |
27 > | http://www.wpila.org | ICQ: 3707881 |
28 > | GDC Webmaster | http://gdc.wpi.edu |
30 > "Geek by nature, Linux by choice."
33 > gentoo-dev mailing list