From: "Miguel S. Filipe" <m3thos@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] alsa 0.9
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:00:11
1 Zach Forrest wrote:
2
3 > Have you tried using alsamixer? I think amixer is for use with the
4 > older versions of alsa.
5 >
6 > zach
7 >
8 > Chuck Haines wrote:
9 >
10 >> I am having the damndest time with alsa 0.9. I have installed
11 >> everything that is suppose to be installed,
12 >> alsa-lib,alsa-driver,alsa-utils,alsa-tools. I have edited the config
13 >> files like I was told. When i run /etc/init.d/alsasound start and
14 >> type lsmod, I can see that all the modules are there and I get no
15 >> errors. However, when I try to run amixer as root or as my user, it
16 >> keeps sef faulting (amixer that it). I have checked the perms in
17 >> /dev/snd/ and /dev/sound and both of the directories have perms
18 >> crw-rw---- crypto audio. Crypto is my user (I have no idea why the
19 >> perms aren't root audio like I have devfs.conf set up to do). I have
20 >> tried with both these settings and crw-rw---- root audio and amixer
21 >> still seg faults. My user is part of the audio group.
22 >>
23 >> anyone have any ideas?
24 >>
25 >> Thanks,
26 >>
27 >> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
28 >> | Chuck Haines | AIM: CyberGrex |
29 >> | WPILA Lab Manager | Yahoo: CyberGrex_27 |
30 >> | http://www.wpila.org | ICQ: 3707881 |
31 >> | GDC Webmaster | http://gdc.wpi.edu |
32 >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
33 >> "Geek by nature, Linux by choice."
34 >>
35 >> _______________________________________________
36 >> gentoo-dev mailing list
37 >> gentoo-dev@g.o
43 > gentoo-dev mailing list
44 > gentoo-dev@g.o
47 how can you unmute the sound with alsamixer?
48
49 on boot my system allways mutes the sound because I don't have a
50 /etc/asound.conf...
51 so.. i have to
52 $ amixer sset PCM 30 unmute
53 $ amixer sset Master 62 unmute
54 so that I can have sound...
55
56 I didn't found a way to greate a asound.conf ..I anyone can tell me that
57 too I would apreciate... allready looked in the howtos and in the gentoo
58 channel..
59
60 thanx!
61