From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Grant Goodyear <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:22:52
1 22.11.2005, 19:03:49, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2
3 > I keep hearing this, isn't there a real difference between a stage 1 and a
4 > stage 3 install inasmuch as somebody who needs (or wants) to dramatically
5 > tailor what's in the system profile can choose to do so from a stage 1 or 2,
6 > but would have to remove packages after the fact if starting from a stage 3?
7 > I wouldn't have a problem with that, as long as we document it, but it just
8 > seems that the claim that the old and new methods produce _exactly_ the same
9 > results seems to be stretching things a bit.
10
11 > -g2boojum-
12
13 Uhm, which reliable tools do we have for removing no-longer needed packages?
14 emerge --depclean producing the huge red "I'm broken" warning? Or emerge
15 --prune with similar warning in man page?
16
17 Hmmm...
21 jakub