From: Mark Gordon <mark.gt@×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo email list posting changes
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:01:10
1 On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 02:17:50 +0200
2 Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:41:05 +0200
5 > Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Is there actually some moderator now?
10 > If this message arrives, then there are moderators. In fact I've
11 > already had a message moderated.
12 > But something I wonder with this new policy is: "does it still makes
13 > sense to appear on "gmame" (a NNTP interface to various mailing
14 > list)?" I consult the list on gmame, because it is easier for doing it
15 > at home and at work, but if I can't post anymore without disturbing
16 > moderators, I will surely subscribe. And I think I'm not alone in that
17 > case, so maybe gmame is obsolete now.
18
19 I was using gmane, but I've now subscribed to the mailing lists instead
20 to get around this. Fortunately, the reasons I wanted NNTP access to the
21 list no longer apply to me, so this is not a problem for me. However, if
22 post only subscriptions can be sorted (something I understand is being
23 looked into) it would allow people to set up full access through gmane.
24 --
25 Mark Gordon