From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Crash on install....
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:25:49
1 On Friday 26 July 2002 23:15, Mark Berry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Sorry if I am posting to the wrong place, but I am trying to figure out
5 > why the installer is hard-crahing my computer and maybe I could get a
6 > few hints on where to start poking.
7 >
8 > It appears to be hanging on the PCI Autoprobe. My hardware is a Dual CPU
9 > P3, w/a Adaptec SCSI3 disk controller. Intel etherexpress network card
10 > and a NVIDIA m64 vidio card.
11 >
12 > I have not had any problems installing other variants of linux on it, I
13 > would like to submit a more helpful bug report but I guess I would like
14 > some tips on locating a more specific problem and maybe a fix, if
15 > someone can point me in the right direction.
16 >
17 > Thanks
20 Could you be more detailed in where it goes wrong. Maybe also try some
21 alternate (older) iso's. As a last resort you could try a non-gentoo kernel.
22
23 Paul
26 Paul de Vrieze
27 Junior Researcher